Mirian Law Blog

Personal Injury Law | Immigration Law | Real Estate Law

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Tags
    Tags Displays a list of tags that have been used in the blog.
  • Bloggers
    Bloggers Search for your favorite blogger from this site.
  • Team Blogs
    Team Blogs Find your favorite team blogs here.
  • Login
    Login Login form

The Different Paths to U.S. Permanent Residency

Posted by on in Mirian Law
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 2606
  • Subscribe to this entry
  • Print

The United States has been a hub for foreign immigration for a number of years. While it may be a popular place for immigrants to come to, obtaining U.S. permanent residency is not necessarily an easy process. In most cases, hiring a U.S. immigration lawyer to guide you through your options will be highly beneficial.

The permanent residency card for the United States is informally known as a “Green Card.” In general terms, some of the primary ways that you can obtain a Green Card are highlighted below.


If you invest at a minimum of $500,000 in a government approved regional center and create 10 jobs for American citizens or permanent residents, you may be able to get your Green Card in less than 2 years.


Obtaining a Green Card is an option that is available to highly skilled individuals with the right experience. This is because the US is short of skilled workers in the fields of engineering, technology and science, among other fields. U.S. employers who are seeking certain skilled workers can hire a foreign worker and then sponsor them to gain legal status.

Family Sponsorship

If you have a family member who has legal status in the U.S., you can apply for immigration by having that family member sponsor you. The individual must be an immediate family member (spouse, parent or child) and have the means to support you financially and lawfully. You can also apply for U.S. permanent residency if you marry a U.S. citizen.

While both of these are viable options to become a legal U.S. permanent resident, it is essential to get the services of a qualified U.S. immigration lawyer to ensure there are no issues with the process. They understand the law and can help with the often confusing and complex application procedure.


For help with your path to U.S. immigration, contact the experts at Mirian Law for a free assessment today. (647) 556-5888.



  • No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment

Leave your comment

Guest Thursday, 19 July 2018

Personal Injury Lawyer Toronto

Get the compensation you deserve. Contact our personal injury lawyers by phone or email today for a no-cost assessment. One of our associates will get in in touch with you.

Read More

U.S. Immigration Attorney

Let us help you live the American Dream. When applying for temporary or permanent status in the United States there are many paths from which to choose.

Read More

Canadian Immigration Lawyer

Canada is the world’s most multicultural society and has a policy of welcoming proportionally more international citizens than any other country worldwide.

Read More